Godly Hacks: Resting in His Strength




Hi Guys! Good Evening. How’s it going? Not too crazy or shabby I hope?! It’s Godly Hacks Tuesday, guys! Yay! If you’re not excited you should be. Today I’m going to be sharing the first-ever Godly Hacks that will also be a sequel to my second post this week and it about Resting in God’s strength. This is definitely something God is dealing with me on right in this moment but I’ll tell you more about that on Thursday.  The inspiration behind today’s Godly Hacks is how we kind of get into trying to do everything in our own strength, forgetting that we are not our own and on our own, there’s a limit to what we can achieve.

When we insist on doing things in our strength and in our own timing, we automatically leave no room for God and yet we get frustrated with God when things don’t go our way; as though God was some fairy godmother supposed to wave a wand to whatever ridiculous idea or wish we have. God is a God of purpose and processes and the Holy Spirit is a gentleman. If you want to see Him work in your life, an invitation is required. And just like a guest, when you invite a guest to dinner or into your home, you make room for them.

 Now if you say the Holy Spirit is the driver of your life and your leader, you need to leave room for Him at the head of your destiny to lead, and you follow like a good child. Two people cannot sit in the driver’s seat. When you are resting in God’s strength, you are at best, a co-pilot of your own life, you only move when the Captain tells you to. I know it’s easier said than done (no really I do as you’ll find out on Thursday) but it’s either our way or God’s way. If you really know God, and you understand that His thoughts are higher and better than our thoughts and so are His ways, you’ll know whose way things should go for your own sake.

So without further ado, I’m going to share a few Hacks on resting on God’s strength.


TURN THE BATTLE OVER TO HIM

And he said, “Listen, all you people of Judah and Jerusalem! Listen, King Jehoshaphat! This is what the LORD says: ‘Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army for the battle does not belong to you, but t God.” – 2 Chronicles 20:15

This day the LORD will deliver you into my hand… And all those assembled here will know that it is not by sword or by spear that the LORD saves; for the battle is the LORD's, and He will give all of you into our hands.” – 1 Samuel 17:46-47

The Kings of the earth rise up and the rulers band together against the Lord and against his anointed one. Now, Lord, consider their threats and enable your servants to speak your word with great boldness.30 Stretch out your hand to heal and perform signs and wonders through the name of your holy servant Jesus.” – Acts 4: 26. 29-30


DO NOT BE AFRAID

But Moses told the people “Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the LORD’s salvation, accomplish for today; for the Egyptians you see today, you will never see again. – Exodus 14:13

Do not be afraid,” Elisha answered, “for those who are with us are more than those who are with them.  – 2 Kings 6:16

Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be afraid, for I am your God. I will strengthen you; I will surely help you; I will uphold you with My right hand of righteousness. – Isaiah 41:10

When you go out to war against your enemies and see horses, chariots, and an army larger than yours, do not be afraid of them; for the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, is with you. – Deuteronomy 20:1


BE EXPECTANT AND HAVE FAITH THAT HE WILL SHOW UP

He has delivered us from such a deadly peril, and He will deliver us. In Him we have placed our hope that He will yet again deliver us. – 2 Corinthians 1:10

And the Lord will rescue me from every evil action and bring me safely into His heavenly kingdom. To Him be the glory forever and ever. Amen. – 2 Timothy 4:18

David added, “The LORD who delivered me from the claws of the lion and the bear will deliver me from the hand of this Philistine.” “Go,” said Saul, “and may the LORD be with you.” – 1 Samuel 17:13

Jonathan said to the young man bearing his armour, “Come, let us cross over to the outpost of these uncircumcised men. Perhaps the LORD will work on our behalf. Nothing can hinder the LORD from saving, whether by many or by few.” – 1 Samuel 14:6


BRAG ABOUT HIM

The LORD is my light and my salvation—whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life—whom shall I dread? – Psalm 27:1

What then shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? – Romans 8:31

If the God whom we serve exists, then He is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace and from your hand, O king. – Daniel 3:17


ACKNOWLEDGE HIM AS YOUR STRENGTH

But the Lord stood by me and strengthened me, so that through me the message would be fully proclaimed, and all the Gentiles would hear it. So I was delivered from the mouth of the lion. – 2 Timothy 4:17

The LORD is my strength and my song, and He has become my salvation. – Psalm 118:14

So he said to me, “This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel: Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit, says the LORD of Hosts. – Zechariah 4:16


GIVE THANKS WHEN HE HELPS YOU

The LORD lives, and blessed be my Rock! And my God, the rock of my salvation be exalted. – 2 Samuel 22:47

The LORD is my strength and my song, and He has become my salvation. He is my God and I will praise Him, my father’s God, I will exalt Him. – Exodus 15:2

Blessed be the LORD your God! He has delivered up the men who raised their hands against my lord the King.” – 2 Samuel 18:28


Have a blessed week ahead!

Comments