God and Prayer PART 2


My last post was on prayer. It was basically me writing my thoughts on prayer and God teaching me in the process of writing the post. I am not entirely sure if I've mentioned this before but I attend House on the Rock church in Lagos. While I believe prayer is very personal and we should not be interested in copying how other people talk to God just because it seems fancy, some prayers just catch your attention. Sometimes it's not the just the words said, but the tone and the intensity with which the words are said. Heartfelt prayers stir up the soul and Spirit.  I recorded a few prayers (with permission) by one of the pastors at my church, Pastor Flourish Peters. I've had these prayers typed up on my laptop for a few months, just waiting for the right time to post a couple. The prayer below was the first of my recordings and one that just adores God. I love it and enjoy reading it. I hope you enjoy it too! God bless you!

We declare that there is no god like our God in all the earth
Some people can describe their god but our God is indescribable and unexplainable
Some people have created their god but our God is the Creator of the heavens and earth
Some people feed their god but our God supplies all our needs
Some people carry their God but our God has raised us up and now we are seated together in heavenly places
Some people fight for their gods but our God has won the victory and gave us the trophy. Now we are more than conquerors.
To the one who sits and dwells in the secret place of thunder, You are the God of awesome wonders
There is no comprehension to your limitless and infinite perfection
You are the God who can put a nation in a man; You can put a forest in a seed
You can put resurrection in crucifixion
We declare that there is none like You, Our Father
Your eyes are not the eyes of flesh. They are more powerful than the cameras of Big Brother
The Bible says that all things are naked and exposed
We declare that Your might is limitless; Your life is matchless; Your greatness has no rivalry; Your beauty is of endless worth;  You are beautiful beyond description; You are too marvelous for words; You are too wonderful for comprehension
Heaven and earth adore you, angels bow before you.
We declare that there is no king like our God and there is no God like our King!

Comments