The Number 8: Restoration, Rejuvenation and New Beginnings




Hi guys! Good Evening and welcome to my first daily walk post in the month of August! I hope your week is going great? If not don’t even worry about it, we’re halfway through it already and God is more than able to turn things around!

So for the purposes of this article, I am going to go ahead and welcome you to the month of August! August is the 8th month of the year (obvi) and for those of you who do not know, 8 spiritually is symbolic of Restoration, Regeneration and New Beginnings, and this is exactly what I am going to be sharing with you briefly today.

When I was looking for what to share during a bible study session that I was to lead on the first day of the month, I was enquiring of God what bible verse to share and I was led to Zechariah 3 and 4.
For anyone familiar with the book of Zechariah and even for anyone who isn’t, its focus is all about the restoration of the Jerusalem and the coming of the Messiah. Zechariah is prophesying in line with a vision God is showing Him and God’s words. As I was reading Chapter 3, one particular portion stuck out to me it read;

“Now Joshua was clothed in filthy garments and was standing before the Angel and then Angel. Then He answered and spoke to those who stood before Him, saying, “Take away the filthy garments from him.” And to him He said, “See, I have removed your iniquity from you, and I will clothe you with rich robes.” – Vs 3-4

The Holy Spirit explained to me that this verse right here is the picture of restoration and the variety He is getting ready to pull off in our lives in this month of August. He told me that He is the God who is able to overturn and overturn and overturn for our sakes until old things; old shames, old regrets, old dependencies are passed away and all things have become new. He told me that this is exactly how He was going to take as many people who would believe Him in this month of the restoration and in this month of the new from one extreme to another. I’m talking Zero to Hero.

Then I read a little further and he took me to these verses in Chapter 4

So he answered and said to me:
“This is the word of the Lord to Zerubbabel: ‘Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,’ says the LORD of hosts. 7 ‘Who are you, O Great Mountain? Before Zerubbabel, you shall become a plain.”

This right here was God’s answer to the “How”. How will it happen? How will I get there? How will I overcome the great mountains before me? How will I do from one extreme to another and come out victorious. Not by our own ability, not by our intellect, not by our own winning wit or great manners. Not even by the hand of any man but by the very Spirit of God. God is saying to all of this month, step aside and watch me be God in your life and see how it ends for you.

What I really love about this is that God isn’t for one second denying that there is no mountain in front of us. No no no! He is reminding us that He that is in us is greater than he that is in the world, That those that are for us are greater than those that are against us. He is reminding us that by our God we shall run against troops and leap over walls. Because He is the one backing us up, every situation becomes smaller than us. We grow and surmount every mountain, threshing them down to side. He doesn’t promise us that there would be no battle or that we would get to sit this one out. No. He’s telling us that by His strength and by His Spirit, no matter the obstacle, in this month of August, we get to end in Victory!


Welcome to the month of your new beginning!

Comments