Generating Power in the Place of Prayer




Today's write-up was actually inspired by two different sermons. I listened to one of them a while back, and one more recently, and a lot of biblical revelation and confirmation came as a result of these messages. The 1st sermon was about Generating Power in the place of Prayer by Pastor Folarin Ogunsola of COZA and the other was "The authority of a believer" by Dr. Creflo dollar.

Both preachers talked about the relevance of prayer to walking in power as a Believer. This is something I've definitely come to appreciate and  Adim and I will often joke  about how when we've been fasting or going through an intense period of prayer, we just feel like we can mow own any mountain or attack any situation confronting us head on. It's almost like an ecstasy of sort but the very best kind.

You notice that everytime you pray, particularly when you pray in tongues, you just feel in sync with the Holy Spirit and you feel empowered to speak to any and every situation. One of my favourite things about praying is going into prayers worried and frightened about a situation and coming out knowing that because of the Holy Spirit is on my inside, I can take down that problem or any other problem easy! This isn't necessarily because that wasn't true before I stepped into the place of prayer but because prayer puts us on Heavens' frequency. That time of communion with God, makes us more aware of who we are and all of the authority and victory God has already made available to us. It is a spiritual memory juggler that brings to the forefront of our minds all of what the devil would have us forget, as a result of all the many distractions of life and the challenges he throws our way.

Prayer enlightens the eyes of our understanding and allows our spiritual senses overcome our physical senses so that we start perceiving more from the spirit than from the flesh. They quieten the noise and threats of the world and amplify spiritual truths, like the fact that we are more than conquerors in Christ Jesus or that‎ God causes ALL things to work together for our good.


One of my favourite scriptures courtesy of my pastor is “The earnest (heartfelt, continued) prayer of a righteous man makes tremendous power available [dynamic in its working].” – James 5:16 (AMP).


Often times we kinda live life in the opposite direction‎ where we're praying reactively instead of proactively. So we're waiting till things go bad to commune with God, when what we should have been doing is communing with God to gain insight into the future and secure that future. As I grow in my walk with God and particularly in the area of my prayer life, I realize that there are certain challenges and struggles we face as Christians that we wouldn't have encountered if we had just opened our mouths to pray.

Many times, I step into the place of prayer and God causes a restlessness in my Spirit over a specific issue, thing or loved one. When that happens I’ve learned to pray until I have peace because in my experience, that is usually the Holy Spirit giving me a heads up about something or someone and it's His way of giving me a chance to intercede to allow Him step in and fix or avert the situation before it even happens. If I had a thousand naira for the number of times that happens and I end up hearing a very specific testimony about that person or thing, I might be able to buy myself a one way vacation trip. This isn't a special spiritual gift, it is a rather common reality of every Christian who spends time frequently in the place of prayer.


Prayer isn't just something designed for us to get things from God or fix broken situations, It is a strengthen mechanism and a time travel tool that allows us step into the future and fix things before they even go wrong. Prayer gives us access not just to a good today, but a great tomorrow. Prayer settles the will of God for our lives at all time and in all Seasons.

Comments