Keep Your Testimony




Good evening guys. I hope everyone’s week is going okay. Just a little middle of the week check-in. So I’d like to share with us tonight almost every Christian’s least favourite topic…Waiting on God.
 I know that’s not the title of this article but I’m issuing a quick disclaimer to let you in on what this article is really about.

When we are often quick to rejoice at testimonies and sometimes share them but we're too quick to forget them. Testimonies aren't just things we up and share in Church, they are a part of our history with God. They are our Father's credit with us. The experiences He uses to remind us of His goodness ahead of the rainy day.

When we all think of waiting on God in the Abraham or David kind of way, we just want to scream, and understandably so because who wants to wait 25 years for a Child or 40 years to be crowned King? However, the thing we often forget though is the most important thing to know when waiting on God and that is how God actually operates when we’re waiting on Him faithfully.

God is a merciful and kind God. The kind of God (spiritual pun intended) that is too faithful to leave us on a spot even when we're waiting. Abraham may have been waiting on Isaac for 25 years but in those 25 years, Abraham had become wealthier than he could have ever imagined. He had won numerous battles and had a mini army in his household (See Genesis 14:14). Likewise, David even as a fugitive on the run had an army of 400 and then 600 men at his disposal, many of them great warriors. 

When you are waiting on God, while you may not yet be in physical possession of what you’re waiting on, if you are attentive enough, you will see that God will keep blessing, favouring and increasing you in other areas. Even in the midst of major storms. This one truth (and it is the truth) is something I've come to learn this past year particularly last month. While I'm not exactly where God has promised me I’d be yet, I’m most definitely on my way. When I think about where I was even when I first started writing this article and where I am now that I’m finishing it up, there ’s a massive difference. I’m much closer to the fulfilment of God’s promises for this particular season of my life.

The truth is while you’re in the middle of waiting, it may not look or feel like you’re being blessed…. Scratch that, it definitely won't feel like it but you are nonetheless. It may be something as small as a new gift or a new relationship, a promotion or comfort in a specific area. I for one have had to make a conscious effort to sit back and really look at where I am in comparison to where I was even a year ago. I’ve had to compare the steps and risks I’ve been able to take. I’ve had to look at all the seemingly ‘little victories and promotions’ God has granted me on my way to the big picture. I’ve also had to acknowledge the growth I’ve attained, both spiritually and emotionally. I even had to look at the switch or upgrade to my prayer points. After looking at all of these things, I've been able to come to the conclusion that God will surely deliver. Why? because my life and all of our lives when we’re aligned, match his method of operation, we’re just usually too overwhelmed and frustrated to see the writing on the wall.

Our heavenly Father has a Modus Operandi. His M.O is that even when you insist that you haven't seen His whole hand, you sure must have seen His finger. God is an encourager and He knows and understands our limitations. He knows that we don't fare well with vague situations so He'll give us victories with small battles. He'll help us take progressive little steps, hoping that we would know Him enough to trust that the same God that won these battles for us, has us covered with the big war. 
Unfortunately, more often than not, we are too focused on what hasn't yet happened to see what has happened and how amazing and faithful God is even through our wait.


David and Abraham were able to keep waiting on God faithfully because they remembered to count their blessings. In counting our blessings, we are able to count God faithful! I know that my biggest encouragement in this season of my life has been looking at all the testimonies God has given me. When I look back at ALL things that seemed impossible that I am now walking in, it helps me encourage myself in the Lord like David. On those days where it feels too hard to keep praying about the things that are still yet to happen, I go back in time and thank Him for all the many victories He's won for me. Then I ask for some more encouragement by way of more little victories and He ALWAYS gives it. Then just like that, I find myself strengthened to keep speaking the word and to keep waiting on God, knowing and trusting that my hour of coronation is certain and so is yours. 

All we need to do is keep our testimonies and mature in faith, the rest will surely come to fruition.


Comments