My Issue With Heaven





It popped into my mind very recently while I was in Church that I may have a potential issue with the way heaven is set up. It's not the first time the underlying thought behind this "Issue" I had crossed my mind.

I could tell you a bit more about my issue but first I'll show it to you.

Revelations 6:9-10 "When He opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the testimony which they held. 10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, “How long, O Lord, holy and true, until You judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell on the earth?” .

And there was the very first issue I had; in my mind Heaven sounded Crowded and a little cramped. I'll be the first to admit that my reality as a Nigerian may have a little something to do with the picture that Scripture painted in my mind. Almost everytime we think of having a ton of people in a space we think of the space being 'insufficient' to comfortably accommodate the numbers.


I've had to remind myself that God does not share our limitations. He is a God of abundance so it follows that there will be more space than there is people, however a question of "sufficiency" was still in my heart.

One of my favourite names for God is El Shaddai which translates to the Many Breasted God, the all sufficient God. My pastor always says the number of His Children are the number of His breasts. He always jokes that He has never gone to meet God in the place of prayer and met someone else there.

 And this was it for me. In my walk with God I’ve come to grow in appreciation of the wonder of quite/private time with God. However, this picture paints a potentially spiritually crowded situation for me.

While I love the fact that all of saved Creation will get to worship God together, (like the ultimate fellowship of believers) what happens to me time with God.

Disclaimer: I may not be an only child but I’m a last born so 'me time' is an actual thing.

I realized that I feel very strongly about the fact that I may not just be able to lock my room and just be the me-est version of myself with God.

Or just be able to enjoy that quiet time and fellowship with Him. It kind of bugs me.

I know you are probably waiting for the part where I connect it to some wonderful scripture that makes you go ahhhh!..... but not today.

I would really like to know what's going to happen to my 1 on 1 with God in Heaven cause I want me some God and T time.

Comments