Welcome To LFC (Part 1)




Hi Guys, so this is our very first post, so it's only fair it's a welcome/introductory post.  The journey to starting this blog and community of young believers has been a year long one. There've been so many distractions, delays and everything in between but through it all God has been faithful and super gracious with us. LFC (Living For Christ) started off as a simple idea God laid in my heart one day as I sat in a church in Manchester. It was a God given solution to something I had worried about for quite sometime. I was closing in on the end of my degree program in the UK and I kept worrying about what that would mean for my spiritual life. Not just for mine but for my friends and all the people who like me, were just beginning this brand new love affair with God.

A number of us had joined fellowships at Uni or joined church communities we had really plugged into and we were about to leave that all behind. The uncertainty of moving into another phase of one's life, while trying to maintain close fellowship with God had me worried. I worried because somehow I was afraid that without a community of believers keeping me grounded, I would somehow drift away from God. Finally, after much worrying,contemplating and more importantly prayer, there it was. The Holy Spirit had finally put a solution in my spirit. I received inspiration to start up a small fellowship; first with my friends and then with young believers at similar phases of their life. The vision came, complete with a name that I held onto very preciously.

On the way to fulfilling this Sprit inspired vision, God was kind enough to clue me in on the fact that I would not be going this journey alone. I found in 2 wonderful women, anchors and co-visionaries.
Adim and Gloria were God's choice of partners for LFC and as with all of God's ideas, they were phenomenal choices.


Gloria: I have known Gloria for over 8 years, we met during our A levels and went on to stay in touch over the years. Gloria is one of those people who went from Saul to Paul. She is easily one of the most on fire for God people I know. When we started our bible study group back in 2015, after a few months, I started having trouble with my gadgets and on top of it, I got relocated to another city for my NYSC (National Youth Service Corps). I was unable to tune in for our weekly sessions for weeks and then months in a row.  This meant I couldn't lead our bible study sessions anymore and I needed someone who was dedicated and fervent enough to do that and Gloria came to the rescue.

Lool! sure it was a challenging enough transition for her but in the end she made it work and carried the entire fellowship on her shoulders for a whole year. She went on to help work with us through the transition before she ultimately left to fulfill personal callings upon her life. I've taken time out to write about her because she's been such a special and crucial part of this whole process. She's been a vessel used by God to help build this vision for a season and we are grateful to have had her. In many ways, she is still very much a part of the LFC family and you can follow her personal journey at Set In Stone
.

 ADIM:  Adim a.k.a the Co-Chair of this vision a.k.a my confidant, a.k.a my accountability partner is a dear friend I met through one of my other favourite people in the world in my 1st year at Uni. We became very good friends within a year and since then, she's gone on to become one of the most important people in my life. We have had the privilege of growing alongside one another in the Word and in fellowship with God and it's been an amazing journey to have shared. Having Adim come on board this vision though Spirit inspired, felt very natural. Over the years, and especially in the past year, we have spent much of our time praying together, helping build eachother's faith and studying the word together. Don't get me wrong, it's not been smooth sailing all the way and we have definitely had more than our fairshare of disagreements.  We have had to grow a lot in grace through this entire process and we still are but it's been a very instructive and blessed time in both our lives. This blog and where we are now is in many ways a fruit of all of that fellowship, growth and refinement and because of that, I am eternally grateful for the journey. I would go on some more about her but it's a lot easier to let her do some of her own speaking.


As for me, My name is Teresa and I am a Fashion Blogger/Editor/PR Girl/Serial Entrepreneur who has been completely wrecked by the love of God. Ex-firecracker (transition still in progress) currently being schooled on Spirit controlled tempraments, especially, patience and self control. Mostly though, I am in the middle of one of the most epic love stories ever told, with my Maker. It's a love story for the ages and LFC is an important chapter in this beautiful love affair with God and with the body of Christ.

Comments